Sustainability has always been integral to the responsible management of every aspect of First Capital REIT (FCR) and the mitigation of various risks.
By taking a holistic approach to Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG), FCR is focused on reducing their environmental impact while creating thriving & dynamic urban neighbourhoods, such as Yorkville Village.
- 13% reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, despite an 8% increase in gross leasable area
- 16% of our portfolio (119 projects) is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified as of December 31, 2019
- Recognized by the Globe and Mail as one of the Greater Toronto Area’s top employers in 2019
- Launching the FCR Foundation in 2020; employee-led charitable program focused on community support
- Ensures diversity is considered in determining optimal board composition
For more information on First Capital REIT’s approach to sustainability, please visit here!